Each man may have his preference, but is one better than the other? Should you choose Shave Gel or Shaving Foam for your best shave?
While personal preference may always win, each man is doing his skin a disservice if he simply grabs what’s cheapest and easiest to use. Skin is the largest and fastest growing organ of the body, and it should be taken into consideration when determining which hair removal process is the best choice.
Some may debate that foam or gel are do-able and can work with either just fine. But what are some key components of each that you should weigh out to determine which is better for you? Let’s look at the pros and cons list for each:
- Provides a barrier between the skin and the razor to prevent cuts and nicks.
- Already lathered. Just apply to the skin.
- Canned foams tend to be more air than actual product and this adversely affects the skin’s ability to upwardly suspend the hair, resulting in the burning sensation after shaving.
- Can dry out the skin due to the alcohol content.
- May have to reapply during your shave as foam tends to evaporate quickly.
- Not suggested for those with dry and/or sensitive skin.
- Provides a barrier between the skin and the razor to prevent cuts, nicks and razor burn.
- Will need to lather some before applying to the skin. Lather will be less pronounced.
- Less is needed so the product will last longer.
- Moisturizes the skin.
- The consistency and transparency of the gel allows you to see where your razor needs to go.
- Better for thicker hair.
- Faster hair removal.
- Perfect for those with sensitive skin.
The choice is yours! But our choice is shave gel. Hands down, gel provides the quickest, smoothest and closest shave while leaving your skin feeling great.
Simple Man’s Shave Gel contains Aloe Vera which has qualities to protect the skin, moisturize, to prevent razor burn and bumps, and to heal the skin.< Back to All Blog Posts